As Chartering Manager (m/f/d) you will be joining the team of our Conceptum Logistics branch office in Houston (Texas). You will prepare quotations and charter space for our project, breakbulk and bulk shipments at home and abroad. You will sell and develop our chartering services within the group, to our existing clients and develop new accounts.
You will be joining an established regional team of project logistics professional, with a primary focus in creating and closing new opportunities in both segments – general and projects. By using consultative approach to selling, you will use your expertise to identify and qualify leads, leading to sales opportunities with both new and existing customers. Conceptum Logistics USA, as part of the Conceptum Logistics Group, currently has offices set up in Houston (TX), Paramus (NJ) and Atlanta (GA).
The Conceptum Logistics Group is specialized in project logistics. We develop individual transport solutions for our customers and transport freight – no matter how large or heavy – to the most remote regions of the globe. Founded in 2002, we have a variety of clients on all continents and are represented at many locations worldwide with our own branch offices (USA, India, China, Finland, Spain, Germany, Colombia, Peru, Canada, Türkiye and Uzbekistan included). Many years of experience abroad, reliable planning, proactive response times, short decision-making, and a “hands-on” focus, ensure long-standing relationships with our customers.
- Negotiate and execute charter parties / booking & fixture notes on behalf of Conceptum.
- Assist in post fixture operations including making / checking of laytime calculations.
- Support pricing/operations department on developing commercial proposals.
- Subcontractor management, maintenance, and expansion on conjunction with the charter desks in Asia and Europe.
- Creation and maintenance of procedures, templates, distribution lists and supplier lists.
- Sell our chartering services to the current clients of Conceptum and develop new accounts for project cargo, breakbulk and bulk cargo.
- Represent Conceptum at sales calls, bid clarification meetings, negotiations, and kick-off meetings.
- Establish and identify room for improvement within the area of responsibility.
- Share market knowledge to the other business teams.
- Maximize earnings.
- Eligible to work in the United States. No visa or other requirements needed.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the shipping and/or forwarding industry, including successful completion of associated trainings in the same field.
- Proven track record in chartering, brokerage or working for an owner / carrier.
- Strong commercial, technical and financial acumen.
- Very detail and design oriented.
- Willingness to continually improve the quality of documents and presentations.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills (prioritize, plan, assign and control).
- Team player in every aspect.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of MS-Office, CargoSoft and Salesforce is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, further foreign languages are of advantage.
An open, international working environment awaits you at Conceptum Logistics Group. Trust and respect characterize our dealings with each other. As owner-managed Group, we have short decision-making paths and offer our employees the perspective of contributing to shape Conceptum Logistics’ future.
- An interesting, versatile workplace with plenty of opportunities for creativity
- An open atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- An international working environment
- Attractive, performance-related salary
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of hybrid working models
Do you have any questions? Please contact Eileen Harms in advance at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application, stating your salary expectations and availability.